A manicure….inspired by clothes?
Yes, it’s totally happening.
Topshop Unique’s S/S11 was filled with gorgeous, swirly printed dresses in shades of yellows, reds, and grays.
Everyone from DIY blogs to Topshop themselves (at the brand’s beauty launch party) have already offered their own take on this new tie-dyed look by making marbled manicures.
And now, it’s our turn to attempt it ourselves.
Read how we did it below!
Warning: this process was very time consuming and definitely messy. It’s up to you to decide if it’s worth it.
1. Take a bowl of water and drip in 2 or 3 different shades of nail polish.
2. Using a toothpick, swirl the colors around until they’re mixed.
3. Then, dip you fingertip into the mixture quickly, and then pull it away.
4. Using a cotton ball, carefully remove the polish around the nail (this takes a while, and is helpful if you wrap the toothpick in a nailpolish-soaked cottonball to get the edges).
5. Voila! Tell us what you think in the comments below.