We’ll be giving you “the faces” of Paris Fashion Week on the blog for the next seven days—first up—Veronique Branquinho SS ’13.
The first beauty runways looks from Paris were very natural and we’re predicting that’ll be a consistent theme throughout PFW. MAC expert, Inge Grognard, created this look and was kind enough to give us tips on how to get this earthy, Parisian look from the show. “This is the Veronique Branquinho woman, soft sophist i c a t i o n but with mystery and uniqueness.” There’s some key MAC products and tips you’ll need:
1. Select cover up: Lightly apply to even out and perfect the skin for an invisible “no makeup” appearance.
2. MAC pro invisible set powder: Sweep it over the skin to set and polish.
1. MAC pro copper metal pigment: Mix it with a bit of Fix+ to create a sharp, straight line along the upper lashes.
2. Smolder eye kohl: Apply 3/4 length-in from the outer corner of the eye through the waterline to accentuate.
3. Backtrack fluidline: Apply in a thin line along the lower lashes, keeping the line straight and avoiding the natural curve of the eye to create a small gap of space between the upper and the lower liner through the outer corner.
4. MAC pro lash mixing medium and MAC pro metal copper pigment: Mix them together and thickly apply through the upper lashes.
1. Lip conditioner: Apply to nourish and hydrate the lip
2. Studio finish SPF 15 concealer: Sweep it over the lips with 217 blending brush to tone done the lip’s natural color.
THE NAILS (By Keri Blair):
1. Copper sparkle and MAC pro copper metal pigment: Blend them together with Overlacquer (The color matches the accessories from the show!)
Check back tomorrow for more awesomely Parisian runway beauty.—RAY SIEGEL