The Golden Globes are this weekend–Sunday at 8 p.m. EST on NBC, yo–and we’d be lying if we said we weren’t looking forward to them. Why? Here are our top 10 reasons:
10) Some very funny presenters. With Amy Poehler and Tina Fey hosting, we’re certain they’ve got a crew of friends to help. (Related: Aziz Ansari is already confirmed, so we’re laughing already.)
9) Zosia Mamet on the red carpet (along with the rest of the ladies of Girls). We’ve been big fans as of late.
8) Tux nails, part two? Here’s hoping Zooey Deschanel shows up with some serious nail art.
7) The triumphant red carpet return of Sienna Miller. She’s nominated for Best Actress in a Mini-Series or TV Movie for her turn in The Girl.
6) SCHMIDT! He’s nominated. Already daydreaming about what his acceptance speech would sound like.
5) An Adele cameo. She was nominated for Best Original Song, thanks to her track for Skyfall.
4) The Best Director category. We’ve got Quentin Tarantino, Ben Affleck, and Kathryn Bigelow, all of whom were snubbed when the Oscar nominations were announced this week. In the super-competitive category, it will be interesting to see if one of them gets a little bit of vindication.
3) NYLON It Girls going head-to-head in the Best Actress in a TV Series (comedy or musical)–we’re still not sure if we’re rooting for Zooey Deschanel or Lena Dunham.
2) The Best Picture category seems really, really tight, with no clear winner–plan to stay up late to see who wins the big award.
1) Amy Poehler and Tina Fey are hosting. ‘Nuf said.