Maybe you were busy watching Girls or Downton Abbey. Or perhaps you had a really fun party. It could have even been that you were sitting around with nothing to do but still totally forgot about the SAG Awards.
Either way, here’s what you missed:
1) This is the fastest-moving award show. Like, ever. It lasts a grand total of two hours and the supporting actor awards have already been handed out before the first commercial break. If you ask us, this is the way award shows should be.
2) There wasn’t a host. Which meant that at the very end, Jude Law (who presented the best ensemble award to the cast of Argo) was left to awkwardly say goodnight to the cameras. It may have been his best role in years.
4) Which had us wondering : Why was neither Girls nor Veep nominated for anything?
6) Anne Hathaway was rocking butterfly nail art. That was probably the only thing we liked about her outfit. (Sorry girl.)
7) Downton Abbey won for best TV Ensemble Cast! We couldn’t believe it! (But well-deserved.) Especially because the new episode was airing at the very moment Lady Mary, Mrs. Hughes, Daisy, Ethel, and Branson went onstage to accept the award. Way more downstairs than upstairs folks at the red carpet affair–what would the Dowager Countess say?! (Also, she would not have approved of Mrs. Hughes’ cussing onstage. But we LOVED it.)
8) You can see all of our Best Dressed picks here, but the one outfit that didn’t make the list that I was dying over? Julianne Moore. Flowers + Chanel = Love. –REBECCA WILLA DAVIS