This weekend, HBO premiered Beyonce’s highly-anticipated documentary, Life is But a Dream. Considering we watched the trailer on repeat for the weeks leading up to the premiere date, it’s no surprise we pretty much pressed play the minute the title appeared on our DVR. Aside from the really cute footage of Bey as a beybey (sorry, had to to), the amazing all-Beyonce soundtrack (duh), and some amazing dance montages, here’s what stood out:
1. Beyonce loves her Mac laptop… a lot. In fact, she carries it around with her everywhere, holding it open somewhat awkwardly in elevators, on boat-rides over rocky seas, and up escalators. Always open, always recording video– and often sans-make up.
2. Just like us–and every girl, ever–Beyonce knows all the words to “Lovefool” by the Cardigans.
3. Blue Ivy makes a surprise cameo toward’s the end of the film when she’s handed to Beyonce, who is sitting on a couch mid-interview. But she doesn’t stick around for long–come on, guys, it’s Blue. She’s got more important things to do than hang around a HBO set.
4. Julez (Solange’s son) can play the piano better than any 4-year-old we know–guess it runs in the fam?
5. Just when we thought we couldn’t love Bey any more, we walked away from the doc even more crazy in love than before. –ALI HOFFMAN