Miley Cyrus was at the Met Ball. Aside from the extreme confusion as to how she managed to garner an invite to one of the most prestigious events in the fashion calendar, the real quandary on all our lips is how can we replicate her electrocuted hairstyle?
Enter Oribe, the hair super-stylist and one-time bad boy from Cuba who used Billy Idol as the inspiration for Miley’s spiked mop. Describing the look as ‘fearless, effortless, young and fantastic,’ Oribe shared with us his five easy steps to punk electro-perfecto:
1. Flat iron dry hair with Original Pomade
2. Spray with Dry Texturizing Spray at the roots for lift.
3. Use hands to form spiked peaks in the hair
4. Slick the sides back with Sculpting Cream
5. Apply Rock Hard Gel to the tips of the hair for hold and, according to Oribe, ‘a little weirdness.’—ELSA DE BERKER.